Wednesday, October 3, 2007

another thing...

i'm sooo tired.

i am just tired.

school has been rather crazy. i got a new student who happens to be autistic. she was in second grade, and doing rather well, but her parents wanted her moved back down to first. i'm fine with her being in my class, but it does take a lot of energy and patience to be her teacher.

also, i'm getting sick. sort of. i'm so sick that i just might have to take a day off this week. i think i may have enough strength left for 8-9 more hours of school and then that's it. maybe my marme will come take care of me...;)

in regards to that, preparing for a sub (with this new student) is quite taxing. i always have a very organized sub folder with a long, detailed note, lesson plans, seating chart, lunch count thingies, attendance sheet and paper for them to write me a note on. now, however, i am having to write another long, detailed note to include directions for dealing with this sweet new little girl.

parent/teacher conferences are going on right now. the parents who don't show up take as much energy out of me as the parents who do. how can you sign up for a time, that you chose, for a conference and then not show up? not even call? jerks.

my days are going from 7:00am-4:30pm without a break. i'm with students or my student's parents that whole time. even during my conference period. my work day actually lasts longer than that because now all of my planning time is taken over by parents. so to get ready for the next day, i have to spend more time at school. yuck. it's tiring, but hopefully it will be done soon.

in the midst of all of that, i am trying to teach 19 children all of the objectives that need teaching in a first grade classroom. of course, one of those 19 children also needs to learn the objectives of real life. such as:

It is inappropriate, for more than one reason, to tell a girl and a boy to look under the lunch table so that you can pull your pants down and expose yourself because you think it would be funny.

That is not funny. At all. Ever.

3 comments:

kdp said...

wow!!! and i thought my day was tough. wow!! i will be praying for you. and yes i think you absolutely take a day off.

here's to a better weekend.

cls said...

Oh...my....goodness.

A's Rich Life said...

under the lunch table?????? yikes! and these kids are only 1st graders? heaven help you!!!!! ;)