Sunday, October 21, 2007

i've been tagged

Seven things you never knew about me and now wish you didn't. Or as you put it...Seven strange/weird/crazy things about me:

1. I hate smacking gum and clicking pens. When I hear either of these annoying habits, it consumes me so much that I cannot focus on anything else. If someone behind me in church is clicking their pen, I lose all focus in the sermon and picture the person behind me totally obliviously, pen clicking with their thumb. When someone around me starts smacking their gum, I can do nothing but stare at them until they stop. Geez.

2. I never make my bed in the mornings, but I always make it before I go to sleep. I don't go as far as putting the throw pillows on the bed, but every inch of the sheets are straightened, pillows fluffed and cover pulled up and folded back smoothly. I then get in the bed and hardly move until the next morning.

3. I am in love with all things organizational. I can shop in an office supply store for hours. Pens, paper, notebooks, sharpies, file cabinets, rubbermaid containers, post it notes...I'm obsessed.

4. My shower routine has been the same for as long as I can remember: wet hair, shampoo (leave in), soap up, rinse shampoo, conditioner (leave in), shave, scrub feet with pumice, wash face, rinse conditioner, rinse face and body, turn off water, squeeze hair, towel off. Continually, making sure JAWS isn't coming up through the drain. Honestly.

5. I think pizza really is my favorite food. Remember when you were a kid in school and you were asked what your favorite food was? Most everyone said pizza. I think mine really is. I beg for it all the time. I think Michael is a little disappointed that my tastes aren't a little more refined.

6. I cannot stand the hamburger meat that looks like intestines. I will go to another store just to buy a different kind. Blah! That is so disgusting!

7. I drink pickle juice from the jar...a lot.

I tag seph and amy!

5 comments:

marme said...

Jo, my favorite thing to do as a kid and teenager was drink the pickle juice out of a jar! nanny would save the jar of juice for me if she got out the last pickle.

And I cannot leave my eyes closed for very long in the shower...gotta check for jaws...or giant water roaches! Eckkk!

JAC said...

I LOVE dill pickle juice and when the jar is empty of pickles, drink it lots of times. Some, not all, some of my grandchildren now join me! What a fine teacher I am - no comments please!

kablot spot said...

I think the Jaws thing is really funny! I have never heard that before... At least your marme does it too, or you might think you were crazy. This way, you can say it's a family trait. Niiiiccceeee!!

beautiful chaos said...

I love your quirks!
I am also in love with things organizational - but not because I am organized - I am in love with the 'idea' of being organized.

ree said...

I'll be sure to sit behind you next time you're at church so I can click my pen and blow bubbles behind my teeth so I can drive you AND Dan crazy!!!!!
;)