Monday, July 2, 2007

a good cry.

how long has it been since you've had a good cry? for no reason, and every reason all at the same time?

me?

about 3 hours.

michael left this morning, my car is broken, there is a large list of things to do, my home is going to belong to someone else, i've quit my beloved job, i'm trying to plan a garage sale with my mom, i'm moving to a new place, getting a new job, and worrying about all of this stuff when there is no dr. pepper in the house.

i was right in the middle of an episode of csi:miami (to which, for some reason, i have recently become addicted). i hadn't been thinking much about my major life change, but suddenly, for no apparent reason, i broke into tears. i felt half-shocked and half-released. i gave in to the release.

i sat in my chair, with jules on the ottoman, my remote in my hand and my tv tuned to csi and i cried. i cried out loud, sitting up, starring at the tv. i cried for awhile. i let the tears run down my face and i didn't even bother to wipe them off. i didn't worry about a running nose or running make-up. i didn't worry about jules watching me like i'd lost my mind. i just cried.

then...

i stopped

and i felt so much better.

7 comments:

Meems said...

Ohh...I'm glad you feel better. Your whole world is changing. You have a right to cry.

Bethany Hernandez said...

there's something about crying that makes you feel better, huh? you know what helps? a dr. pepper :)

kdp said...

you have had a lot to deal with in a short time frame. a good cry can cleanse the soul. i am glad you feel better.

Sarah P. Henry said...

good post, sister. i like it. life is so scary and exciting at the same time, huh? i'm so glad i have you to share stuff with. i love you.

no_iffer said...

Oh, Friend. I am sorry that you cried but glad that you did. Crying is the best. You are going through so much right now and I am so impressed with how great you have been about it. Cry, be sad and then realize that it this too shall pass. It will work out beautifully. I just know it!

team D said...

Hey I just went through my crying a couple of weeks ago. I did the same thing and I understand some of what you are going through. If I can do anything call me. I will help if I can, even if it is just to bring over some DR. Pepper!!!

marme said...

i'm crying right along with you baby girl. marme's always close...