Tuesday, July 17, 2007

i'm nervous.

i don't have a job yet, haven't heard a thing. our home hasn't sold either, but i'm not as worried about that. a few months ago i thought i'd be okay without a teaching job, i could always do something else. however, the past few weeks, without the prospect of a teaching job, i have started to worry.

what if august gets here and i don't have a job? what if we still have a house payment and not a second income? what happens if i don't get a job and we don't sell our house and my husband and i spend more months pulling the long distance thing.

today on the way home from sa, my feelings took on an overwhelming, incredibly discouraged, depressing tone. i became nervous thinking of all of the "what ifs". my heart was so heavy and i was scared. within a few minutes, my sister texted me. we began talking about the decisions we were facing in our lives. the fact that time was running out and we didn't know what to do. where should we turn? what decision should we make? after one of my responses, i began to pray for sarah and myself and our families. i prayed that God would take care of us and give us the peace we needed to make the right decisions and to be blessed with opportunity to stay in His will. in the middle of that prayer i was reminded of a scripture

"be anxious for nothing, but in all things with prayer and thanksgiving make your request known to God."

it was the first time in a long time i had actually felt God speak to me. i began to cry and told sarah what God had said. she responded much the way i felt. it is hard to not be nervous. it is hard to not worry. it is hard to remember that the God "who named us" holds our future in his hands. but as sarah and i continued talking, God spoke through us more and more, renewing his promise to never leave us.

i made it home a little later and immediately opened my computer to check in on the lives of my dear friends. there were soooooo many things that God said to me through your blogs.
i heard God tell me to take joy in who he has made me to be, to not worry over him taking care of me, to remember that he named me before there was time, to know that even our steps are ordered, and to remember that He provides for us in unexpected ways. when i got to sarah's lullaby blog, another song immediately jumped into my heart. a blog or two later, i see crystal, expectation. this is the exact song i had been thinking of. tears began flowing without hesitation. i've been crying ever since.

God, thank you for saying it as many times as i needed to hear it to understand that you are God, you are in control, and you will provide. i honor you and i glorify your name. you are my father on high. you know the end from the beginning and you know the path i am to take. i pray that you continue to remind me to be anxious for nothing and to expect a a visit from you.

i will wait no longer, my Lord, to sit at your feet and drink from the cup in your hand. sit back against you and breathe. feel your heart beat.

i expect the overwhelming feelings to no longer be my worries, but your peace. thank you.

10 comments:

marme said...

Before we ever ask the answer is already waiting. How precious that God moves on the hearts of others in order to minister to His daughters in a most unique way so we know it's His voice we are really hearing.

Feel His heartbeat...He feels yours.

Meems said...

God has a way of calming us in the midst of the storm. Change is so difficult. Lord know we all want the answers yesterday.

The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

kdp said...

it is hard to walk the walk and not have fear, when answers seem to hesitate. but just at the right time God provides an answer that is exactly what we need.

God has been speaking alot to me about being still an knowing that He is God. Our ever abiding companion.

i remember when david and i moved to dallas, as school drew near, there was no job in site. so i went through a teacher placement service and a few weeks before school started i got a job.

Remember there are alot of things to think about, but nothing to worry over.

beautiful chaos said...

I just wanna hug you right now!
You're exactly where you oughtta be right now so just hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

crys said...

how wonderful is it that we have this circle of godly friends to comfort us and say all the right things.

i am praying for you, friend.

i love you.

ree said...

These are the words to a song I hold dear:

Disappointment overwhelms me.
One more day I've been let down.
I struggle needlessly cuz I forget
You are God and I am not.
So I straighten up and put my eyes on You.
I give You thanks no matter what You do.

Still, You are my Rock
Still, You are my world
My all in all my Prince of peace.
Still, You are my God
Still, You are my song
My all in all my Prince of peace,
My King.

Indecisiveness confronts me
Should I stay or should I go?
So many choices here and I confess
You are God and I am not.
But I know You know the plans You have for me
You see all the things I cannot see

Still, You are my Rock
Still, You are my world
My all in all, my Prince of peace
Still, You are my God
Still, You are my song
My all in all, my Prince of peace,
My King

team D said...

"Whatever our season of life, it offers its own opportunuities and challenges for spiritual growth. Instead of wishing we were in another season, we ought to find out what this one offers. John Ortberg
This is a quote from the book I am reading and it has touched my soul. So often I just want to make it to the next season as fast as I can with out finding out why I need to go through the current season.
Love you and I am praying for you!!!

marme said...

This is AWESOME! I love ya'll!

Bethany Hernandez said...

well, i have nothing else to add to the great comments that these wonderful people have left for you; just know that i'm praying for you and michael. love you!

A's Rich Life said...

God will ALWAYS take you to the 11th hour! It's when we're totally dependant on Him that He can show us His glory! :)