Tuesday, July 31, 2007

or is it...

i got up this morning, put my hair in a ponytail and packed my bags. i piled them in the car and drove to pick michael up for lunch.

on our way down the road, i got a call from another school. the first grade team leader asked me to come in for an interview, to which i happily replied that i was in town and would be happy to come. it was scheduled for one hour later.

i hopped in the back seat as michael pulled into a sonic. i changed clothes while he ordered tater tots (we had suddenly lost our appetites). we ate a little and had a few sips of dr. pepper (thank the Lord) and i dropped him back off at work. i began my drive to the school all the while wishing that i hadn't made it a ponytail day. grrr...

i get to the school and interview with the principal, vice principal and first grade team leader. the interview went pretty well and we all seemed to get a long just fine. they described their school as more like a family and that really struck a cord with me. love it!

after my interview today, they had two others and then 3 on friday. well, a few minutes ago, i got a call offering me the job. well, she told me that she had recommended me to HR for hiring (she's not supposed to call the applicant, so don't tell anyone!). she said after i left that they were just all very impressed with me and after interviewing the other two, they just felt sick that i would probably drive home and then be called to come in and sign a contract and would have driven a lot for no reason. she said, "we were just so impressed with you and we thought, 'just poo on the friday interviews'. you were perfect. just perfect."

WOW!!!!!

isn't it crazy how God plans things. thank you everyone for praying and for your encouraging words. thank you, Lord, for the wave that pushed my boat in the right direction (jenny was right, even almighty is a great movie).


i guess no news can be good news or bad news. it just depends where you're standing.

13 comments:

marme said...

Congratulations! Finally someone got smart and grabbed a good thing!

There goes my baby...

cls said...

Congratulations!! That is soooooo great! If you accept this offer, you'll be teaching the SAME grade as before, right? WOW!!

Unknown said...

Yay Kylah! I'm so happy for you! That's so awesome~and in the same grade! See, we knew God had a better plan in mind for you! This is so exciting! Congrats!

Nanna's Place said...

Yeah!!!!! Isn't God Awsome.....He has a plan.....We just need to stay out of the way.....Now that you have a job the house WILL be sold any time now......I'll keep praying....

kdp said...

Congratulations!!!!!! That is wonderful. now you don't have TAKS.
God is truly wonderful.

no_iffer said...

So very very very happy for you friend. I just knew when I talked to you today that this was the job you were going to get. So very happy...

with a twinge of sadness at the reality of what is really truly coming...

Meems said...

So happy for you. God worked it out so perfectly. It sounds like the environment of this school is much better than that of the other interview.

beautiful chaos said...

Crystal spilled the beans at our playdate and I jumped all over her for keeping quiet about it for 'over an hour and a half!'
She said, "I just found out. That was her on the phone."
I sheepishly said, "Oh"
We all rejoiced together! And then we all shrank back in our chairs, a little bummed at the truth of it...
Alas, I have come to terms with the fact that our friendship can flourish despite the miles between us - and I could never take the place of a cuddly husband...
Go with God!

ree said...

YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for you! (Focus on the good)
This sounds like a much better job than the other one! (Focus on the good)
No more nights away from Michael! (Focus on the good)
I'm sorry...did I type that out loud? My bad...

Just kidding, I really am happy for you!

team D said...

Congrats I am so excited that things are working out with you!!!

JAC said...

So happy for you. Next the house will be sold and you and your sweetheart can settle down, not having to travel to see each other. God is so good!

Ahmad Abu Samah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
La said...

That's so great! What a difference just a few days makes. The last time we talked you were just a little stressed about the whole thing.

Your house is beautiful and I'm sure will sell soon. If you needed me to, I could live there and take care of it for you until it does sell. I would only charge a very nominal fee for this service of course. Just let me know. =)

We're going to be so very sad when you actually leave. It's going to be weird.......